August 3–12, 2018

2018 Art Beat Application

Art Beat applications for the 28th Annual Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited, are now closed. The application deadline was Thursday, May 31, 2018.

Art Beat showcases local artists in local businesses in Ambleside Beach and Dundarave Village. The program works in partnership with the Ambleside-Dundarave Business Improvement Association.

What is Art Beat?

  • Art Beat seeks to promote artists as part of the Harmony Arts Festival experience by showcasing their work in the storefronts of local businesses
  • artists working in all mediums, including glass, ceramics, painting and jewellery are welcome to apply
  • work can be available for purchase
  • this is a non-juried exhibition and sale of artists’ work
  • we reserve the right to select artists based on the appropriateness of the artwork and suitability of placement with participating store locations
  • there is no fee to participate
  • pairings of businesses and artists will be arranged by the Harmony Arts Festival
  • artists must carry their own insurance
  • participation will be confirmed by email shortly after June 29

Art Beat Street Celebration on Saturday, August 4

A special street celebration will be held on August 4th that allows businesses to make use of sidewalk space outside their storefronts. Businesses can create and promote special events to attract festival participants to your art and their store. Artists may collaborate with businesses to be involved in these festivities.

Benefits to Artists:

In recognition of the efforts that participating artists make to exhibit their work for the duration of the festival, a 70% commission on art sales will go to the artist. The remaining 30% will be retained by the business. Administration of sales will be arranged and managed directly between the artists and the business.

Artists participating in Art Beat will be promoted in a half-page advertisement that will go out in the North Shore News one week prior to the festival start date. In addition, artists will be promoted on the Harmony Arts website, on social media and in promotional and marketing materials that will be provided to businesses.