Application deadline is Friday, June 30, 2017
ABOUT ART BEAT
Art Beat showcases the work of local artists in the storefronts of Ambleside and Dundarave businesses.
The program works in partnership with the Ambleside-Dundarave Business Improvement Association.
- Work can be available for purchase.
- This is a non-juried exhibition and sale of artists work.
- We reserve the right to select artists based on the appropriateness of the artwork and suitable placement with participating store locations.
- There is no fee to participate.
- Pairings of businesses and artists will be arranged by the Harmony Arts Festival.
- Artists must carry their own insurance.
- Your participation will be confirmed by email shortly after June 30.
BENEFITS TO ARTISTS
- In recognition of the efforts that participating artists make to exhibit their work for the duration of the festival, a 70% commission on art sales will go to the artist.
The remaining 30% will be retained by the business. Administration of sales will be arranged and managed directly between the artists and the business.
- Artists participating in Art Beat will be promoted in a half-page advertisement that will go out in the North Shore News one week prior to the festival start date.
In addition, artists will be promoted on the Harmony Arts website, on social media and in promotional and marketing materials that will be provided to businesses.
ART BEAT STREET CELEBRATION
A special street celebration will be held on August 5, 2017, that allows businesses to make use of sidewalk space outside their storefronts.
Businesses can create and promote special events to attract festival participants to your art and their store.
Artists may collaborate with businesses to be involved in these festivities.
Artists must apply online by Friday, June 30, 2017.
STEP 1. Sign up to create your online account at the Festival's application site. You will need an account.
STEP 2. Have the following information on-hand:
- Artist biography
- Three (3) high-resolution artwork image files (maximum 5MB) and their corresponding title, medium, dimensions and price
STEP 3. Login at the Festival application site: Harmony Arts Festival - Visual Arts Applications
STEP 4. Complete all requested information on the application form and upload media.
STEP 5. Submit your application. If you need to edit any part of your application, you can save it as a pending application
Once you have submitted your application, you can still view your application but will not longer be able to make changes.
For technical assistance please click on the email link below: