For the Love of Art: Children's Art Exhibition Application
For the Love of Art is an exhibition and silent auction of youth artwork as part of the Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited. The exhibition will showcase a curated selection of the North Shore’s emerging art talent under the age of 19. Artwork will be displayed in an outdoor exhibition tent during the Harmony Arts Festival from Friday, July 29, until Sunday, August 7, 2022. This is a unique opportunity to showcase the work of developing young artists in the community.
Submission deadline: Friday, July 8, 2022
Exhibition: July 29–August 7, 2022
Terms and Conditions
- The artist must be under the age of 19 at the time of submission to participate.
- The artist may submit only one (1) piece of art.
- The artist must live on the North Shore.
- The artist may choose to sell their work in silent auction or submit for exhibition only.
- A starting bid of $20 will be placed on all artwork (if artwork is for sale) unless the artist submits a starting bid request.
- All work submitted should be unframed. The Harmony Arts Festival will be responsible for framing and presenting the artwork.
- Proceeds from the For the Love of Art auctions will be divided between the submitting artist and the Harmony Arts Festival. Proceeds will be divided as follows: 70% will be available to the submitting artist in form of a cheque. The remaining 30% will support children’s art programming within the Harmony Arts Festival.
- The Harmony Arts Festival will advertise the exhibition in the festival guide and on the Harmony Arts Festival website.
- Once the artwork is dropped off, it will remain in the possession of the Harmony Arts Festival until the end of the exhibition.
Art Pickup and Drop-off
The artwork and application are to be submitted in-person at:
Harmony Arts Festival Headquarters
1564 Argyle Avenue
West Vancouver BC V7V 1A1
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- The silent auction will close on Saturday, August 6 at 5 p.m. and buyers will be notified by telephone or email. Buyers will collect the work that evening or on Sunday, August 7 until 9 p.m. at the festival headquarters at 1564 Argyle Avenue.
- Unsold artwork can be picked up on Monday, August 8 at the festival headquarters at 1564 Argyle Avenue.
- Artwork not picked up by the buyer will be returned to the artist by Friday, August 26.