Application Deadline is Tuesday June 9, 2017
The Harmony Arts Festival welcomes your application to its 27th annual festival. Presented by Odlum Brown Limited, the festival transforms the West Vancouver waterfront into an open-air celebration of the arts attracting over 150,000 local and international visitors during the ten day event.
The Harmony Arts Festival invites you to submit original artwork for consideration to the annual Group Exhibition. The Group Exhibition is an opportunity to showcase and sell your displayed artwork.
DAYS OF OPERATION
An opening reception for artists and sponsors will be held on the first evening of the festival, August 4, 2017. The Group Exhibition will be open to the public until Sunday, August 13, 2017.
Cost to apply: $10 jury fee per submitted piece up to a maximum of three pieces.
- The Group Exhibition application deadline is Friday June 9, 2017.
- To register:
- Call the District of West Vancouver Registration line at 604-925-7270.
- Quote Registration # 35251 (Group Exhibition Jury Fee) and register.
- Request the receipt – you are required to quote the receipt number during the online application process.
- Complete your online application here. You will need the following information to complete the application:
- Up to three high resolution images (maximum 5MB in jpeg.)
- Artist Biography – maximum 100 words
- Artist Statement – maximum 100 words
- Medium and dimensions of each work
- Price of artwork – all work must be for sale
- Proof of payment – Receipt number
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only works selected by the jury will be exhibited. No substitutions are permitted
- Artists are responsible for their own framing.
- All works must be valued and priced.
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-medium works will be accepted.
- All submitted works must be exhibition-ready and wired for hanging.
- Festival staff will determine the installation of all selected works.
- Festival staff will install and take down the artworks.
- Festival staff will handle purchase inquires and transactions.
- Proceeds from sales will be divided 70% to the artist and 30% to the Harmony Arts Festival.
- Each artist is responsible for insuring his/her own artworks over the entire exhibition period including installation and takedown. The Harmony Arts Festival is not responsible for any accidental damage to the artworks- please note, the exhibition space is outdoors and subject to variable weather conditions, please keep this in consideration when submitting artwork.
- Selected artists are responsible to drop off their artworks at the assigned exhibition venue as notified up to one week prior to the exhibition.
- Selected artists are responsible to pick up any unsold works at the assigned exhibition venue; final pick up instruction will be provided in July.
- Please note that you can still view your application but will no longer be able to make changes after submission. If you require technical assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A jury of local artists and art professionals will review submissions.
Notifications will be sent via email by June 20, 2017 to all applicants.