Location: Tent next to the Music Box, 1564 Argyle Avenue
Dates: August 2–11
• Fridays: 2–9 p.m.
• Weekends and holidays: 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
• Tuesday–Thursday: 4–9 p.m.
Opening Reception: Friday, August 2, 6–7 p.m.
For the Love of Art is an exhibition of youth artwork as part of the 29th annual Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited. The exhibition will showcase a curated selection of the North Shore’s emerging art talent under the age of 19.
Artwork will be displayed in an outdoor exhibition tent during the Harmony Arts Festival from August 2 to 11, 2019. This is a unique opportunity to showcase the work of developing young artists in the community.
The exhibition will kick off on the opening day of the festival, Friday, August 2, with a fun, kid-friendly opening art reception.
Applications are now closed.
- The artist must be under the age of 19 at the time of submission to participate.
- The artist may submit only one piece of art.
- The artist must live on the North Shore.
- All work submitted should be unframed. The Harmony Arts Festival will be responsible for framing and presenting the artwork.
- The Harmony Arts Festival will promote the exhibition in the festival guide and on the Festival website.
- Once the artwork is dropped off, it will remain in the possession of the Harmony Arts Festival until the end of the exhibition.
- Artwork and application are to be submitted in-person at:
- West Vancouver Municipal Hall Parks, Culture & Community Services, 2nd Floor, 750 17th Street, West Vancouver
- Offices are open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Artwork will be available for pick up on Friday, August 16 at the festival headquarters at 1564 Argyle Avenue.
- Artwork that is not picked up will be returned to the artist by Friday, September 13. Artwork is to be picked up at West Vancouver Municipal Hall.